paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: And from the PLAYERS that MIGHT COME IF>>>>>

In Reply to: Re: And from the PLAYERS that MIGHT COME IF>>>>> posted by _Hollywood_ on January 04, 2004 at 21:02:47:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 06, 2004 at 14:03:14

: "The bottom line, is that while it would be nice if the major producers would make a provision for BYOP, the probability of them doing it, is low. In short, don't hold your breath."

: "Hollywood"

You are correct in all respects. That IS the current state of the art.

ALL I am asking for is the CHOICE.

We as players HAVE to understand it will never be a cost saving item. Be willing to part with whatever extra fee they feel they need to charge. I will pay it OR buy their paint. Simple as that.

WELL, I don't go to a BIG scenerio game just because they are going to have a drawing for 'thousands of dollars' in prizes. Don't know anyone who does. Post here if you are one.

Yes, they cut their financial deals to MAXIMIZE their revenue generation and to MINIMIZE their expenses.

It would be foolish to expect it to change UNLESS it was in their best business interest to do so.

I am hopeful that, as the competition for the average scenerio players dollars increases, they will be looking for ways to ATTRACT more players, Market Share, and the revenue that comes with that.

All they have to do is come up with a figure to charge that gives them the SAME revenue. Then the players pay it and come to their game or go to some other game where they can pay a fee.

I've coughed up a $300 trip to go to Oklahoma D Day (2002)and had to play with paint that had 1/4 inch flats spots on the bottom of every case in the truck. You would think their paint 'sponsor' would show up with paint that wouldn't convince 2,500 players to NEVER Consider Buying Proball anytime, anywhere. It was just old, stale paint they cut a deal for and then had the nerve to charge $80 a case for it.

How many events would YOU go to and be ripped off like that before you would be demanding some alternatives for OR spending your money ELSEWHERE at some other game.

What if we got ORGANIZED and told a producer we can bring 500 players to YOUR game next year IF we can pay a $30 fee extra for the ability to bring our own paint. We are going to the games that offer that next year. How far in advance to you need our preregistration check to make that happen?

Hmmm... $80 field fee x 500 = $40,000
$30 paint fee x 500 = $15,000
$40 at concessions x 500 = $20,000
Total Earned or LOST Revenue = $75,000

Ya gotta ASK, "Do I need that paint sponsor's prizes to draw 500 more players?" DO they draw 500 players? Nothing personal guys, Just business. We understand will have to give up your T Shirts for prizes. Want to give us the same paint price or should we shop around for next years paint supplier...

Just business.

It is all about $MONEY and WE have IT.

They WANT it.

We CAN make it happen because we can CHOOSE where and when to spend it.

All we are asking for is a choice.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.