paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: RePLEASE Tell Me Why .--------> OK ....

In Reply to: RePLEASE Tell Me Why .--------> OK .... posted by NOCER_Productions on December 04, 2003 at 23:01:07:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
_Hollywood_

on December 05, 2003 at 11:52:27

Finally! Someone can discuss the problem without a lot of acrimony. Thank you.

In the past, when one event was scheduled on top of another, there were usually accusations tossed back and forth, along with comments about how much of a ring-tailed $OB the other guy was, for scheduling his event on top of another.

I can't say I agree with it, but the reply was calm, rational, and intelligent.

But just for grins and giggles, let's say that regular games (as opposed to showcase games) draw most of their players from a 200-250 mile radius. When they overlap, the attendance for both games goes down - both are going to have about 175 players, whereas, if they were held on different dates, both would get 300-350, and consequently, both producers would do considerably better financially.

In my mind, a producer that schedules his game on top of another game, is cutting his own throat, and shafting the other guy, too. Thus, my comment that such a move was dumb and stupid.

Also, the offended producer may not see things the way you do, and may take it as a deliberate attempt to hurt him and his business and livlihood. Consequently, lots of ill feelings and acrimony. This sport has enough of that already, and we don't need more.

If the sport is to succeed; if we are to attract more people; then we have to work together to do it. Infighting isn't going to do it, even if the squabble was unintentionally initiated.

"Hollywood"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.