paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Only 7 months left! I better start brain storming

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
D. "Fubarius" Johnson

on November 28, 2003 at 18:46:47

A local field, Splat Tag of Hudson, WI, has a number of large scenario games through out the year (though we're in Wisconsin, so the playing year is pretty much over for quite a while), and it seems it's become expected for me to top what I did in the previous game. However the Armored Paintball Vehicle I made for the last game may be tricky to top, especially since the next game will be at the fields second location which doesn't allow them due to an agreement in their lease, not to mention it's way to hilly and over grown for any kind of vehicle.

So I need to think of something else that's completely over the top to bring. Things the field will allow include full autos (though at a lower chrono speed, 260 instead of 300), multiple barrels, smoke gernades, paint gernades, waterballoons filled with paint, water balloon slingshots, and possibly shields. Things not allowed included cannons, mortors, pyrotechnics, and fireworks.

The field owner is very good on players coming up with new ideas and working with them to make new rules for the scenarios. However the more time they have to hash out the rules the better, so I'm hopeing to get a really early start. Plus it gives other local players and groups the chance to match the new idea (more fun that way).

So lets hear some of the wacky ideas you've come up with. The more over the top and just plain impractical the better.

At the moment I'me tossing around the idea of a tripod mounted double barrel full auto, with a continueous feed from a warp feed ammo box, hopefully allowing the use of an entire case of paint with out stopping to reload. Probably require a 2 person team to operate, but that's ok, got plenty of guys willing to help. It's technically half built, just need to strip the select fire rainmakers off the tank and rig up a new mount. I love old rainmakers for this kind of project. Design makes it easy to setup in wierd ideas, and it's loud. Really, really LOUD.

Don't worry about cost, I have plenty of cash to blow on this one (plus I work at a paintball shop, so I can get stuff at cost...and no, I can't get YOU anything at cost ;-) ), so feel free to throw out any idea you come up with.

David Johnson
aka Fubarius

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.