paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Try This On for Size

In Reply to: Trying to set up a scenario game in Indiana posted by Twisted_Mister on November 19, 2003 at 07:40:42:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 26, 2003 at 11:29:01

Start with asking interested players to WRITE a Mission. During the fields LOCAL OPEN PLAY, Do the Mission Game with 15 minute reinsertions. Should NOT be longer than an hour.. Usually less.

Then ask everyone how it worked, didn't work. how to make it better or more interesting. Tweak it and try it few times until you get it working.

About 6 field tested missions later, you have ALL YOUR missions written, debugged, and a bunch of local players chomping at the bit to write MORE and can't wait for your FIRST Scenerio GAME!

This will be advertizing and marketing for the game for your local players which will be 90% of the players willing to come to a field for a first time production.

I have a Word File format set up for writing mission scripts. Blanks and a page Sample of a fairly sophisticated script. Keep yours simpler... Check your E mail. Anyone else just e mail me. ddupont@charter.net

Then all you need is a THEME and a Title.

Then all the logistics. Porta Potties, Air, Paint, Concessions (a money maker) camping facilities, refs, props, insurance, publishing rules and info on the web. etc etc etc etc.

Then pray for a sunny weekend or it all goes to heck.

Nobody will pre register and you'll get scared. You Will NOT make money on your first or second try UNLESS you get every LOCAL player to turn out...

Now my usual speech about setting up your game so players can bring their own paint and PAY you an extra fee that you would have made on average IF you had a Field Paint Only event. Just give us a Choice. It is Our Dime and We want to give it to you.... Just a choice. The local field that does around here charges $15 extra and 70% of the people attending use the Field Paint. That 30% tends to be hard core players from out of town..
Like me. I use Invisible Paint. Have to have my color....

I am part of a loosely organized group of players here in Mo that we could try to hook you up with. A couple of fields with a following of local players that are into scenerio games.

The field owners are starting to reap the benefits of working TOGETHER to promote sending their players to each others Games and grouping together to go to other games. We are becomming a force to be respected and feared. Note the Final Score of the D Day Series. We were on the Allied side..... www.woodlandwarriors.com

We hammered the Germans the last TWO Games for a come from behind win for the series.

The each field owner of one has a resident field tank. The field that sponsors my scenerio team is thinking about a tank for his field being built this winter. May be my old 90 Dodge Caravan in need of a transmission and a paint job (camo)

Besides the tanks, we could also bring a small arsenal of RPGs, Flame throwers, props and other special weapons to your game.

If we bring ALL this hardware, would you consider letting the owners of it have a free field fee and paint? Tank crew plus 2-3 people. Some arrangement to make the road trip more affordable?

We ALSO have experienced Generals, Senior Staff, and Field Officers equipped with radios. Want to give them a free ride to staff both sides for your command and control structure? They won't shoot much paint except maybe the Field officers up at the front..

We might put a small crowd of players together that would come and maybe start a friendly rivalry with your local players... And then you will get them to come to our games...?

The more, the merrier....

Check your e mail... Write....

Dale DuPont aka Head Hunter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.