paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Why the high FPS?

In Reply to: Re: Another "King of Queens" posted by Chuck on November 15, 2003 at 19:55:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
epic
on November 17, 2003 at 10:57:33

I can understand them wanting to use red paint. I don't have a problem with that. I can even understand them wanting to use shop goggles or whatever. Afterall, it's hard to act with a Flex-7 on (not saying it's right, just that I understand their reasoning). What I don't get is why they would want to crank up the guns. What does that get them? I don't see how it would make it any more compelling for TV.

Anyway, my feeling on these shows is that any exposure is good exposure, and if this brings new people to the sport, we can educate them on safety. If they see it on TV, and it looks fun, that's all that matters.

: I know your frustrations. Over a year ago I was hired to be the stunt coordinater for an Episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in whihc paintball was a focal point in the story.

: What first started to alarm me was their complete lack of knowledge and disregard for many things. Red fill paint, shooters glasses, and firing at pint blank range at 350+fps.

: Well, immediately I went to the director to go over this... I got the shooters glasses replaces with certified goggles but the red paint stayed and the high fps. For almost 45 minutes I aregued the safety issues as well as that it was portraying paintball in a very reckless and unsafe light.

: This is the EXACT quote that I was told my the Director & other staff on set, "Get over it, it is Hollywood".

: Needless to say when I saw the episode air all I could do is cringe.

: We as the paintball community need to offer to help educate these people regarding paintball. If we don't, who will?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.