paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: positions in speedball

In Reply to: positions in speedball posted by Mark Wilder on November 02, 2003 at 22:37:14:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Fluke
on November 10, 2003 at 07:40:14

: I was at my local field this sunday and i decided to start playing speedball. To my suprise it was much more confusing than I thought. When my team was getting ready everyone was told a position to play frontman, mid-man, back-man none of these made any sense to me and noone would answer me. lost of my teamates were really mad when i didnt do my position right. I was just wondering what is the job of each position.

I'm not expert and this should really go to tourney talk, but I'll try to summarize. There are also lots of great books and websites out there if you'd only look.

Front man is generally the fastest player, he sprints at the break and tries to get as far forward as he can. He will be the most aggressive, constantly moving up on the other players. If anyone does bunkering, it's the front man.

Mid-player is backup for the front man. If the front man gets shot out, it is the midplayer's job to fill that space, or "bump" up. He is used for slightly more fire power than the front man and is considered the "link" between front and back players.

The back player shoots the paint. He usually starts out at an eagle but bumps up to secondary positions after the midman does. He burns "lanes," especially the tape line and is the one who burns (or shoots) at the opposing team off the break.

Hope that helps more than my sarcastic brothers, so to speak.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.