paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: WOODS BALL IS GAY!

In Reply to: WOODS BALL IS GAY! posted by Christian_Boy on October 29, 2003 at 18:36:29:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Cecil "GhostRider" Brackett
on November 03, 2003 at 13:18:46

: Ihate woods ball. its gay it doesnt fit. well for those out there who disagree with me, your corrupting the sport. thank you for your time.

My goodness I believe the key word in this bit of rambling is "boy." The past wars of late for the American people have been fought in sand, and buildings reminiscent to the desert, I.E... Desert Storm, Iraq, and the caves of Afghanistan. Contrary to popular "boy" beliefs, these areas are not woods.

Do you hate woods play because you have to Think? About where you are, where you're going, and most important, what you're going to do? Woods play is more spread out, you can't bunch up, behind a tree or bunker, and drown your opponent in paint as easily.

Look at Speedball, it's two gangs, brawling inside a fenced area covered with inflated objects, surrounded on the outside by spectators, yelling and screaming KILL 'EM they're over there by the whatever? Hurry UP and Kill 'em. You're promoting street violence, and gang warfare.

As for me, I've been around the sport since 1990. I've played all over the Eastern United States. Refereed in major and minor tournaments. And I've stroked a pen for Paintball News, Paint Check, Paintball International, Paintball Nation, and Paintball 2 Extremes.

Not to mention owning a paintball store and a paintball scenario field. CO-Chaired the Florida Captain's Council, and shared in the role of Ultimate Judge with Ken "Hollywood" Gilder on the Florida championship circuit.

I must say when I first read the "boy"s post I wasn't amused. I've watched the sport grow, fall away, and then grow some more. As for corrupting the sport, well let me address that issue.

In the beginning paint was extremely high to buy, well over a buck and a quater, that's $125.00 for the "boy" for a case of paint. Then the price started coming down.

As the price fell, more players were able to play. Then, all fields were BYOP, that's "bring your own paint" for the "boy." Paint went to a price of $40 -- $75 depending on brand of choice. As a field owner charging from $5 -- $10 per player to play for a day, plus a couple of dollars for air fills, I wasn't getting rich, but I was having fun.

Well, I was approached by other field owners, and we talked about making our fields a "Field Paint Only" field. Thereby keeping the entry fee low but raising the price of paint back up to $75 -- $100.00 a case. I didn't buy into their proposal.

It's now 2003, several fields in my area are Field Paint Only, and when you go play you best bring a credit card or your pay check.

What is speedball? Speedball and or Airball is seeing how fast you can dump a case of paint into the air while diving and running in and around close inflated balloon quarters. You certainly don't have to have any tact, or stealth, the skill involved is how fast you can fall to your belly after you've fired. the mindset is surround and drown them with paint.

And did I mention the fact that you best have at least a case of paint for each game or pack up and go home before you start.

In my observation the real corruption to the sport of Paintball is the ones gouging the player by inflating prices, for equipment, paint, and fills.

There are very few people who can't access the Internet these days. There are many places on the net where you can buy paint and have it shipped to your door for a savings of 25% to 50% of what you pay at the FPO fields. Same goes for equipment and other items. Guess what, the more paint you buy at any one time, reduces the initial cost of the paint by the case.

Two of the best fields with extremely fair pricing on the West coast of Florida, are Orbital Paintball, and S. W. Paintball Park. Jeff and Duane are field owners with a players come first, attitude.

The style of play for me is. and will always be woods oriented. I have No desire to play Speedball or Airball. Each person has the freedom to choose his or her style of play, where they want to play and what they believe.

Hate is what causes war. Not role playing (scenario games), or woods playing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.