paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: positions in speedball

In Reply to: positions in speedball posted by Mark Wilder on November 02, 2003 at 22:37:14:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Hipkiss - Twilight Zone

on November 03, 2003 at 12:48:38

: I was at my local field this sunday and i decided to start playing speedball. To my suprise it was much more confusing than I thought. When my team was getting ready everyone was told a position to play frontman, mid-man, back-man none of these made any sense to me and noone would answer me. lost of my teamates were really mad when i didnt do my position right. I was just wondering what is the job of each position.

The frontman, is the same thing as a strawman or shill – it appears that he is the person you are dealing with, but really somebody else is calling the shots. Only the most experienced players can be frontmen, because one slip up and your cover is blown.

The mid-man, is also called Neanderthal, he walks upright and uses simple tools. Cro-Magnon is still a step away and modern man two steps. But the mid-man is clearly no ape. It remains a bit of a mystery why he disappeared.

The back man is also called a masseuse, and does not necessarily have to be a man. His job is to relax people through massage. I could understand why people might be upset if you do that wrong.

I hope this has been of help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.