paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Paintball...bring in gangs?

In Reply to: testimonials posted by Gisele Schaefer on September 22, 2003 at 17:13:28:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Roedog
on September 23, 2003 at 05:16:02

That's absurd. Gang members are too busy wasting their lives to play paintball. I can't even put into words how perfectly unlikely it is that gangs would have anything to do with paintball at your family center. Is that actually a concern that someone has voiced or are you just assuming that's what will turn people off of the idea? Maybe I don't understand the workings of a family center, but even IF a gang or gang members "rolled up" into the place, wouldn't they be supervised? Guided? Possibly given something else to live for other than an imbecilic gang? Hmmm...youth centers have been known to weed out the intelligent ones who somehow got pulled into gang activity and save them by directing there energy into something constructive. Usually it's a sport. Paintball -is- a sport... Perhaps if someone tells you that it will attract gang members, turn it around on them in that manner. Sure it might attract them, but it also brings them into range for a barrage of help and redirection.

Is it such that the family center doesn't have enough supervision to handle a gang member or two joining in on the activities? Can that be changed if so? I think it might be worth a shot, seems to me that any gang member able to step up to your family center to play a sport is not buried deep enough that he's a lost cause.

Hell, I'll write you a full length report that you can pass around if you want. I've been studying law enforcement for a while now, and gang related crimes was one of my primary subjects. If that's not really the main concern, then I can write something that fits. Just email me if you want to talk about it and I'll get together something per your specs.

groundwarrior@dangerous-minds.com

Always willing to serve the community.
-Roe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.