paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

And here's what it feels like to be a defender...

In Reply to: EXCELLENT POST above, what an attackers feels N/T posted by Team_Knightmare_Tango on September 10, 2003 at 21:38:40:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Foxfire 5
on September 11, 2003 at 11:37:58

Ow.. Ow... Owie.. ow... ow ow.. oohh ow thats gonna leave a bruise.

:)

: :
: : Dave, now you did it. My mind is racing back to all the past castles I have been to, it makes me want to rush home from Vegas and grab my gear....

: : Attacking is always an insane rush! Tons of Paint flying at you from the defenders as you charge the field, Trying to get over the initail ridge onto the playing field, snipers hiding in the town and other buildings picking your buddies off, defenders slowing down the initial charge through the speed ball fields, Building to building fighting through the town...... Then you see it .... your goal... the Castle!!

: : Tons of paint flying at you while you try and slide into a bunker near it's walls to set up for the next push. Then your moment comes, the cover fire comes in hot and heavy as you try and pick the moment that the defenders will duck down for just the right second and you rush the wall full blast. You hit the wall at a full sprint, sliding is not an option because of the defenders on the top of the wall trying to pick you off. Then the fun really begins!

: : You work your wall along the wall, all the time hearing the defenders on the inside of the wall screaming that there is someone on the wall. They can see your shadow through the small gaps in the walls. Knowing they can't shoot you until you try and come through the door. Your heart is really pumping now. You scream for the attackers to throw some heat through the door to keep the attackers back. Now is your moment. The one you have been waiting and fighting for. You know that as you step into the doorway and into the blackness of the walls the defenders will have a major sight advantage as your eyes will have to adjust from the sunlight you were just in.

: : Then you make you move, Throwing a rope of paint into the doorway ahead of you as you move in. Hoping neither the defenders or the attackers paint will find you as you rush into the darkness..... Now your in!! tucked into the wall trying to avoid attacker and defender paint!! Which way to go? Work your way through the dark maze that are the insides of the castle walls or make a sacrifice run into the courtyard and dive through the defenders walls of barrels to expose the reinsertion point for the defenders....

: : There you are wondering if you will regret throwing all that paint to get into the castle and if you still have enough left to finish the job... Your heavy breathing from the rush to get here starts fogging the bottom of your goggles. You hope that they won't fog over as your eyes adjust to the darkness.
: : Defenders in front of you and behind you and over top of you on the walls you wait in. Knowing that you still take the chance of getting hit by an attackers paint through the open windows or the shots that go over the walls and into the court yard...

: : Me I know where I will be headed.. Into the barrels to open a hole in the defenses that I know the crew will exploit!! A sacrifice on my part but with the promise of the thunder of paint into the exposed underbelly of the defenders.

: : Half hoping the castle will hold until I return from the dead zone, half hoping my sacrifice will make the difference and cause the castle to fall quickly.

: : Hope to see you there for the Rush that is the castle....

:
: : : Behind the walls stands the few defenders of the old world. The defenders peer out from their positions as the mist begins to clear. A large force has assembed in the valley below. This evil force has converged on this sacred place to wipe out the last defenders of the old ways. A horn sounds and a roar rises up, spreading across the valley. The horde lerches forward as it moves up the hills, closer and closer to the last stronghold. The defenders raise their pumps as one and take aim. Each in their heart knows that if they do not succeed the wrath of the new world will sweep the land.

: : : Will the defenders hold? Will the attackers charge on to victory?

: : : You really don't want to miss this game. It is a major rush that doesn't let up. This is one of the best fields in the country and an event that you definitely want to be a part of.

: : : Below is some info on the game and information for sign up:

: : : Only $25 prepaid by 9/13/03 for CASTLE CONQUEST Only or $35 at the event. $40 prepaid by 9/13/03 for the whole weekend or $50 at the event. ALL PREPAID PLAYERS entered into a drawing for a GOLD PLATED SPECIAL EDITION SHATNER SIGNATURE SERIES ILLUSION Pump Gun by ACTION MARKERS! CASTLE CONQUEST Saturday, Play under the lights Sat. Night or join the party in the Rec. Center. Open Field Play on Sunday and in addition the CANADIAN CONTINGENT will be running a pump only game. $1000's in PRIZE GIVEAWAYS all day Saturday. FPO! FAO! FREE LODGING! FREE CAMPING!

: : : Phone: (570) 465-9622

: : : Fax: (570) 465-2834

: : : For additional info, please contact E.M.R. Paintball Park at:

: : : E.M.R. Paintball Park
: : : PO Box 728
: : : Rt 706 & 601
: : : New Milford, PA 18834

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.