paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: Should Scenario's post scores durring the game?

In Reply to: Re: Should Scenario's post scores durring the game? posted by Medicine_Man on September 10, 2003 at 20:44:14:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
JediRegiment214

on September 11, 2003 at 00:14:18

Allright this is strictly from my standpoint and not taking anyones sides. I think having a status board with info such as missions given completed/lost etc is a good idea. however the status is deciving. Ref's don't immediatley turn in mission cards, Props that are worth points can be lost or proven fake etc. It would only be a guesstimate at best. Also ever watched a producer during a game? I have and let me tell you they are BUSY!! I don't think giving a quick rundown at standdowns would be a bad idea but trying to go into too much depth would be bad.

Also there are people who will totally get bent out of shape if they are being massacered and just quit and go home. Then an uphill battle becomes impossible to win. I have Generaled before and even then it was very difficult for the producer to update me with what was going on. I just think updates at breaks are more than enough.

I think most producers don't have the time to do it. not because they fix scores or games but because they are too busy trying to run the game. Besides I don't go to games to brag I won I go for the fun. I have been to over 16 Scenarios and can't even remember who won/lost. So My advice is to just play the game and have fun everything else is gravy....

Dave "Jedi" W.
Captain
Regiment 214
"You call me evil as if it were a bad thing...."

: Hi Mothman, I find that most of the real competitors and hard playing scenarioists always want to know at some point the score. You might hear "so how are we doing in points so far?" from players if you are on the command staff. If the refs get their signed mission cards to central command at certain points during the beginning of the breaks perhaps intermittent scores could be given to your CO. Regarding values of props, most scenario directors will eventually feed what your army needs by way of agents and third party players.
: John "Medicine Man" Allen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.