paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

SPPLAT 2-->Had A Great Time

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
danger_man
on September 10, 2003 at 00:25:15

This was my first really big game since the late 80s. It was for charity and I did not regret attending at all.

There were outdoor showers available. Cold, cold showers, but it worked.

Once again many paintballers showed that they are decent individuals. I was taken in by the PBMarshals (great job on the Museum!) and given a spot to crash when my request for a bunk space back in Feb seemed to have disappeared (no biggie). Damage allowed me to cool off at their place one day (thanks and great food, worth every penny!) and I was able to talk to players from all over.

No big complaints. You get a mix of individuals. Some of the wiping/cheating complaints I didn't see and the refs always seemed to be around. Personally I was hit three times during the day and didn't feel it (one back, one marker, one pod) but the refs were right there and made the call. No tempers, just a lot of "good shots" and thanks. At one point I got caught up in a fire fight with some of the evil cyborgs and they even stopped for a moment so I could check myself for breaks (only time a ref wasn't right there, but we were in the middle of nowhere) and then we played on.

The reffing was incredible, some of the best I have seen. I chrono'd twice up at the front and had two or three checks on the field, all went well.

I had a blast the last game. Too fun! I did learn that when one team leads a charge and you lead a counter charge, that you should make sure the counter charge is more than one person. If it makes the vid I was the only blue crazy enough to run right at the guy carrying the sign and the 20 players behind him. :)

The vendors were nice, I had a chance to talk to a few before setup. I got a great micro fiber head cover from smokin products, doesn't slide around like the cotton ones do (I have really long hair, ya short hair guys don't have that problem).

Thanks to everyone who posted pics, I'm still going through all of the sites.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.