paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: If you'd lose the nerfs ...

In Reply to: If you'd lose the nerfs ... posted by Bill on August 10, 2003 at 21:38:20:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
TackMag
on August 25, 2003 at 19:28:14

I can agree and disagree with your argument on the banning of Nerf rockets for scenario play. On one hand, the do pose a hazard if not used right. However I have seen for my self a 20 round paintball shot that didn't spread. The paint was at least a year old, and had been setting in it's loaded launcher shell for probably that long. The whole thing was hard as a rock, and went straight through the soft metal side of a trailer we were shooting at. My friend who had the launcher thought it was funny. My reaction was what would happen if that had been some soft netting on a side or front window of a tank, or even a foot player. Nerf rockets allow players the ability to get more of a chance to take out tanks than paintballs do. Looking at the D-Day rules for destroying a tank with paint, it is almost impossible, unless you are standing within the 10 foot zone to do. However with a nerf rocket that is more accurate there is a better chance of getting a "kill" than with paint. I do not however believe that nerf rockets should be launched at bunkers, buildings, or pill boxes. This is a hazard that the players should not be exposed to. If you want to destroy a bunker with a bazooka, or tank gun. Use specially colored paint. Any of the colored paint on the object and it is destroyed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.