paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: And Here I thought Scenario Play was a Game

In Reply to: And Here I thought Scenario Play was a Game posted by The Sun God on August 16, 2003 at 00:12:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
-RoadKill-

on August 16, 2003 at 00:44:24

Well now.. I see you too have a sarcastic side.. welllll... Let me be the first to welcome you to paintball.. Obviously You've never played a big scenario event or you would know what I said is fairly accurate.. I never once mentioned competition was not the main objective, I did however mention it was not the ONLY objective in rec ball (as opposed to tournament/speedball).. So then.. Now that you are truly enlightened, feel free to do you as you wish, but I would suggest you visit the part of the page devoted to those just beginning to play paintball, I think you would fit in that category (as opposed to tournament talk or rec talk) very nicely.. And perhaps you should check into some type of schooling on comprehending English.. Well. I mean I merely suggest that because you turned a blind eye to most of my former post, and COMPLETELY let the point fly over your head.. And seeing as how my post was fairly cut and dry, THAT, competition is not the ONLY thing we (rec players) get together for (as opposed to tournament players) I would assume many, many, MANY things allude you, thus the recommendation for the extra schooling.. And for future reference, next time you try to be clever and sarcastic, be sure to have read the post a number of times, and by all means, ask someone for assistance in grasping the point of the post, so as not to embarrass yourself again. :) Thank you for your time..
"Hooked on phonics, could work for you!"

: Silly me.

: No wonder I find myself all alone 1/3 of the time. And here I thought you all were in the deadzone!

: I am missing out on all that good beer and roast pig. Not to mention all those wonderful war stories folks are tell'n. Man, I am missing out on all that bonding too. (turns sobbing and blows nose into sleeve)

: Your right man, heck, next time, rather than paying $40.00 for an entry fee and $80.00 for paint, and $50.00 or so for a hotel room, and all that money for gas and tolls, and driving 300 miles. I'll just go to my local bar.

: And should I somehow ever sober up long enough to just get crazy and feel I need to donate money to that nice paintball promoter I'll remember that scenario play isn't a competitive sport. It's a place to kick back, drink and eat roast pig and listen to folks tell stories about a game they don't play.

: Wow, and look at all those silly sponsors who think that giving away thousands of dollars of gear and equipment will pull us away from our booze, our pork and our bonding. We don't need no stinkin markers, just forks, and cute beer cozies and charcoal. Cause we’re scenario players and we not only don't compete, we don't even play 1/3 of the time cause we're too busy drink'n, and eat'n, and telling war stories oh ya and eat't roast pork.

: Thanks man, I'll never be competitive again.

: A.J. Stuper the enlightened beer drinking, pig eating, socializing, war story tell'n Sun God

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.